This program will continue to be updated with additional event details, speakers and sponsors.
Sign up for our event and speaker updates here.
8:00 AM Registration and Networking
PART ONE: Setting the Stage – Rethink Business as Usual
Connecting the dots: AI, Sustainability. For Brighter Future
Yannick Beaudoin, PhD, Director General, Ontario and Northern Canada, The David Suzuki Foundation
Disruption Is Unavoidable – Are we doing enough Fast?
An overview of some opportunities (and a few risks) facing leaders today. How you can develop new strategies to evaluate potential opportunities in an environment of continuous disruption.
Terry Stuart, Chief Innovation Officer, DELOITTE
Break and Innovation Zone
PART TWO: “Deep Dive” Leadership Roundtables
Future forward multi-disciplined leadership exchanges led by successful leaders and decision-makers in business, science and technology who are developing new strategies and solutions for surviving and thriving in a turbulent future.
Redefining Smart for our Future Cities
How will new thinking, risks and opportunities create smarter, greener, more connected communities? What are the key risks and looking ahead, what’s next?
- Bill Hutchison, Urban Futurist, and The Munk School for Global Affairs, “My Future City” (Moderator and speaker)
- Paul Dowsett, Founder, Sustainable Architects, TO, “Simple is the new Smart”
- Julie Morin, Global IoT Specialist, Microsoft, “Putting People First”
- Quentin Chiotti, PhD, Climate Impacts on the New Urban (Metrolinx) Senior Advisor, Sustainability, Regional Planning and Policy, Metrolinx
The future is here – powered by Precision Agriculture
Insights from action leaders – New technology and innovations for producing a more reliable supply of healthy food at a time of climate change and surging population growth.
- Joseph Russo, PhD, ZedX Co-founder, Head of Research and Model development, BASF
- Paul Raymer, Founder, CEO SoilOptix
- Julian Northey, PhD, Co-Founder and CEO, Frontier Agri-Science Inc.
- James (Jim) Young, PhD, Global Expert on Weather impacts and future readiness
- Moderator: Brad Bass, PhD, Associate Executive Director, Foundation for Student Science & Technology
Lunch and Innovation Zone
Finance & Technology in an Digital World – Clearing the Fog of What’s new and what’s up ahead
Rethinking Transportation for an era of choice, sustainability and autonomous mobility.
- UBER Global – Adam Gromis, Sustainability and Environmental Impact Lead
- Metrolinx – Antoine Belaieff, Director, Regional Planning, Metrolinx
- Moderator: Jane Taber, Vice-President of Public Affairs, National Public Relations
Break and Innovation Zone
The Future of Work – Ignited Today
Disruptive times call for creative, inspiring and inclusive leaders. How do we develop, attract and incentivize this scarce talent pool?
- Krista Jones, Managing Director, Work and Learning, MaRs Venture Services
- Andra Popescu, Senior Advisory Consultant, D2L Corporation
- Members of the previous four clusters
- Delegate participation
Moderator: Yasmin Glanville, Transformation & Innovation Leader, CTR and Re-ignite
Open Forum – Key Take-aways
6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Networking Reception Sponsored by Frontier Agri-Science Inc.