Are you passionate about promoting and mobilizing community-based climate adaptation and sustainability actions?
RSI has an opportunity for a talented Digital Marketing and Social Media writer and implementation professional to join our community climate action team and contribute to the project’s success, on a part time, 9-month project.
Rethink Sustainability Initiatives (RSI) is Not-for-Profit “think and do” organization that engages, advises, and partners with thought leaders, innovators, and organizations to advance the sustainability and resiliency of businesses, institutions, and communities to thrive into the future. We provide access to progressive leaders and actionable insights for Canadians and our global partners through formal and informal discussions, community projects, action learning accelerators, digital and print publications, and education. https://rethinksustainability.ca
About the Project:
The Community Climate Action project is a collaborative project by Rethink Sustainability Initiatives, in partnership with Trinity Life/New Common, and is partly funded by Government of Canada. This initiative will provide a broad platform for friends, families, residents, landlords and other people in and connected to the community to voice their thoughts and discover actionable solutions to some of the key social, economic, and environmental impacts of climate change on St James Town and other urban communities in Toronto.
You will join our small but ambitious project team as the Digital and Social Media writer-implementor, responsible for increasing website traffic, stakeholder outreach and engagement and web content, to increase project awareness and engagement through digital marketing and social media activities.
This is an immediate job opening for someone who is:
- College/University level education (Marketing, Public Relations, Sustainability or related disciplines)
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in digital marketing and content writing
- Excellent grasp of social media and website metrics.
- Experience with email marketing and SEO campaigns.
- Copywriting skills / ability to create content and support the delivery of climate change and sustainability thought leadership.
- Strong communicator with excellent verbal and written English.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Proactive and independent worker who is comfortable working remotely
- Has a positive attitude and a sense of humor.
- Is legally authorised to work in Canada.
Bonus points for:
- Qualification related to Marketing.
- Experience working with BCorp and/or NFP organizations
- Knowledge of environmental and sustainability topics and experience of building campaigns around these topics
If this sounds like you, then RSI is a phenomenal place for you to be a valued contributor to the success of our Community Climate Action initiative.
Reporting to the Project Lead and working closely with the full project team :
- Help write content for the web, public facing events (mostly online)
- Develop, implement, and track goal-driven social media campaigns.
- Create and distribute email marketing campaigns for distribution by
- Contribute to social media engagement and project awareness campaigns, particularly across LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Optimise website and social channels for SEO best practice.
- Contribute to stakeholder outreach and engagement communication deliverables
- General project content writing and editing.
Core competencies, skills, experience:
- Demonstrable competence of digital marketing techniques or marketing automation systems
- Solid working knowledge of climate change and social impact
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with others
- Ability to work on own initiative and self-motivate
- Strong knowledge and interest in sustainability and climate change issues facing urban communities today
If you are a serious and highly motivated candidate with a keen interest in sustainability and would like to make a difference you would be a great match for us.
Please submit your CV and cover letter highlighting your relevant experience and interest in this project position to Yatsa Smajovic at: Yatsa@rethinksustainability.ca and cc: Communications@rethinksustainability.ca
Please note that due to high numbers of applicants we will only contact the candidates who have been selected for an interview. Please do not call the office.